Sunday, January 17, 2010

Tortellini Soup

Just like the rest of the country, Florida has been under a cold snap. I have lived in Florida my entire life and I can’t remember in any recent years where it has been this cold for this long. There was two weeks were the temperature did not get above 45 degrees with lows below freezing every night. While that might sound like no big deal to you but to us it was torture.


There were a couple of good things that happened because of the cold snap. One was I didn’t have enough cold weather clothes so I told my husband I had to go shopping. Those words normally could give my husband a heart attack since when I shop, I mean I shop!! But we just bought him a new car to go with his new promotion, so he couldn’t say a thing.

The second good thing to happen was I decided to try a soup recipe. I got this recipe from Slim Shoppin'. I love this site. She gives such good advice on dieting and healthy eating and it has some awesome health conscious recipes. This recipe for Tortellini Soup was awesome. My husband and I both loved it and he said it was a definite keeper for our normal rotation.




I made slight variations because of what I had on hand. You can find the recipe here. My variation did not have the snap peas or the basil leaves. Enjoy!



Until Next Time,

Christine

1 comment:

  1. Looks good, at least its warmer now! I grew up around panama city, it was alot colder there. I swear that cold wind off the water is colder than when we go to the mountains and its snowing.

    ReplyDelete