Sunday, December 6, 2009

Tacos! Tacos! Tacos!




I love Mexican food! I mean it is a deep everlasting love affair. It is so extreme that my husband has asked that I only cooked Mexican on nights he is working so that he doesn’t have to eat it anymore. I cook some kind of variation at least once to twice a week. I just can’t get enough.

Last week was extremely busy, as you can tell in my lack of posts. So I decided to try my crock pot for my Mexican. And can I say I think I have found my new best friend. Sorry Nastasia you have been replaced with my crock pot.

I got the crock pot as a wedding gift over two years and I am just now learning how valuable it is to my life. Why didn’t anyone tell me before? Seriously, these are things that I need to know.

But back to the oh so delicious point, I decided to take my taco seasoning mix and have my ground beef cook in the crock pot all day for a quick dinner. Let me just say Yum! Hope you enjoy.

Tacos in the Crockpot

1lb frozen lean ground beef
1 1/2 tablespoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/2 teaspoon paprika
2 cups water

I put everything in my crockpot in the morning on low 10 hours and when I came home from work the meat was great in the tacos!

Until next time,
Christine

2 comments:

  1. Isn't the crockpot one of the best inventions ever? Tex-mex is good too. Love tacos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! I bet they were delicious after simmering all day. I love Mexican food too! I can't go too long without it or I start having withdrawal symptoms.

    ReplyDelete