Friday, October 30, 2009

Football Fanatic and Cheesy Potato Bites

So I was raised on football. It is in my blood, literally. The men in my family have always played. We even have a pro baller in the family tree. One of my favorite memories is spending Sundays with my Dad on the couch eating boiled peanuts and watching the game. That one is closely tied to our Monday night tradition. My bedtime in elementary school was always 8:30 but on Mondays I got to stay up until 9 just to listen to the Monday Night Football opening credit song (late 80s, early 90s version). I had this whole dance to go with it. Then it was off to bed for me but those 3 minutes were worth it and I remember them every time I hear that music.


Now I don’t watch much pro football. I am still a football fanatic, just for college ball. My Saturdays are spent at home watching the games. Well tonight is different. USF (University of South Florida), my alma mater is playing a Friday night game. And we have tickets. YAY! I am so excited, except for the fact that I know I won’t be getting home till 1am after the game and I have an 8am spin class at the gym. So since we won’t be having our usual arrangement of football food at home this weekend, I made some snacks last night for B.



These Parmesan Cheesy Potato Bites are easy to make and so yummy.

Parmesan Cheesy Potato Bites

6 large potatoes (choose your favorite-I use Sunlight since they are lower carb and still delicious)

¾ cups fresh grated parmesan cheese

Salt, to taste

Pepper, to taste

Cooking Spray


This is before they went in the oven.

1. Heat the oven to 350 degrees.

2. Chop the potatoes into medium size chunks. Throw in a large pot of water and set to boil. Drain the potatoes when you can easily pierce the potato with a fork. I like mine to still be firm.

3. Spray cooking spray on a baking sheet so it won’t stick and line up the potatoes, evenly spaced. Take a fork and gently smash the potato to an almost little cake like shape.

4. Generously sprinkle the parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper.

5. Bake in oven for 30-35 minutes.

6. When done, plate and serve.

These go great with sour cream and chive. I have recently seen other people make similar style side dishes. It must be football season. Here are the links to their recipes for a variation: The Pioneer Woman   and  Macaroni and Cheesecake .

Until next time……

Me

No comments:

Post a Comment